Chapter 1: Prologue
This chapter was like a brief summary of overall content and her feeling about living alone in Tokyo. Interesting points are:
- Nana had studied in Horikoshi high school, which offers a special program for entertainment arts. It’s a popular school for people aiming to be in entertainment industry and many Japanese celebrities (i.e. Hamasaki Ayumi, Yamashita Tomohisa (Yamapi), Ueto Aya, Fukada Kyoko) graduated from here.
- Student must be under talent agency/record company to be able to apply for this program.
- Horikoshi allows entertainment arts students to have special leave/flexible learning schedule if they have works in entertainment industry.
- During her first year, Nana was recognized as a student who never missed any class, which ironically was something she didn’t want because it meant she didn’t have any job.
- She was the only one in class who hadn’t had a chance to debut until she was in third year.
- She had to wake up and go to school early to avoid sexual harassment from perverts in train during rush hours. She encountered some during her first month in Tokyo. She said she really despises those folks and can’t forgive them (aggressive Nana 😄).
Horikoshi High School (image source: here)
JR Chuo Line – the train Nana used to catch to school everyday. (Image source: here)